If you think you might be interested in earning your University of Wisconsin degree or certificate through a self-paced and personalized Flexible Option program, this section is for you. Read on to learn more about:
- What is the UW Flexible Option?
- Your academic success coach—your dedicated adviser and link to the program
- Competency-based education—what it is, how it’s different, and why it matters to you
- “Life-experience” degrees—what they are, and why competency-based education is a better choice
- How competency-based education can save you money
- Flexible Option FAQs
- Competency-based training links and resources
Plus, see what real students have to say about their Flexible Option experiences:
- Busy ER Nurse Earns BSN Online in Less than a Year Through Flexible Option
- CT Technologist Finds New Challenges, Direction with Competency-Based Diagnostic Imaging Program
- How One Ambitious Student Saved $7,500 and Nine Months in His Very First UW Flexible Option Subscription Period
- And more in our blog
If you have any questions or would like help getting started, please call or email us at the contact information below.
FIND OUT IF FLEX IS RIGHT FOR YOU
Call a friendly enrollment adviser to find out more about the UW Flexible Option. If you would like to assess your readiness for this self-paced, online education option, we invite you to take the Flex Fit self-evaluation. This free online assessment will help you and an adviser determine whether Flex is a good fit for your lifestyle, education needs, and goals. Once you have completed your evaluation, call us to discuss your results and next steps. Get started today!
Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. CT; Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; first Saturday of the month, 9 a.m. to noon.
Other ways to contact us:
Flexible Option Enrollment Team
UW-Extension–Continuing Education, Outreach & E-Learning
5602 Research Park Blvd., Suite 303
Madison, WI 53719