Previous UW Flexible Option students who have not enrolled for an extended period may need to take specific actions to return:
- If you were a previous UW Flexible Option student who has not enrolled for 6 to 11 months since your last subscription period, you must complete a brief Term Change Request form at least 1 month prior to your return date.
- If you were a previous UW Flexible Option student who has not enrolled for 1 year or more since your last subscription period, you will need to reapply for admission at apply.wisconsin.edu. You do not have to pay the application fee if you have previously enrolled through the UW Flexible Option.
After receiving your form, our Admissions Office will follow up with you and may send you additional action items to complete prior to readmission. If you have any questions about returning to the UW Flexible Option, please contact your Academic Success Coach or email@example.com.
Important information for University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee students:
For readmission to the UW Flexible Option, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee requires that you have been in good academic standing when last enrolled (cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or greater). Things like additional coursework, time elapsed since last enrollment, or other compelling evidence of ability to be successful may be taken into consideration. However, generally, if you are not in good standing and previously left on academic probation (less than a 2.0 cumulative grade point average), you are not admissible.
If you are a UWM reentry student who is not admissible due to academic probation and wish to continue with the same program and campus, you have two options available to you:
- If your last enrollment was in the UW Flexible Option program, please contact 608-262-2011 and ask to speak with the UW Flexible Option Admissions Office. We will guide you through your next steps. If, however, you have attended another institution since your last enrollment in the UW Flexible Option, or if your period of non-enrollment has exceeded one year, please complete and submit the UW System e-application form, indicating your desired program of study. This application can be found at apply.wisconsin.edu. Apply to the campus brick and mortar or traditional online program:
- Students on academic probation may be considered for admission to campus-based programs, provided any other stated program-specific admission criteria are met.
- If you choose to pursue this route but wished to return to the UW Flexible Option, it would be to your advantage that you successfully repeat those courses in which a failing grade was received, to improve the cumulative grade point average. Students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 may be considered for readmission to UW Flexible Option.
- Submit a written letter of appeal for readmission consideration to UW Flexible Option directly to the Program Lead of the intended program. Your letter should state the reasons for the request and include supporting evidence of why you feel that reconsideration is warranted, as well as the steps the student will take to ensure continued success as a UW Flexible Option student.
- Once the appeal is received, the Program Lead will review the information provided and inform the student directly in writing of the decision. The Office of Student Success will also be notified. Should the appeal be granted, the Admissions team will move forward in admitting the student.
- A letter of appeal must be submitted within 30 days of notification of denial of admission. Once submitted, the Program Lead has 4 weeks by which to respond.
|Current UWM program leads are as follows:|
|Information Science and Technology||Chad Zahrtfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|College of Nursing||Lisa Mihlbaueremail@example.com|
|Diagnostic Imaging & Health Sciences||Sue Stalewskifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Certificate in Business and Technical Writing||Bill Keithemail@example.com|
Call 608-262-2011 and ask to speak with a member of the UW Flexible Option Admissions Team.