Students who have previously been enrolled in the UW Flexible Option, but who have not been enrolled in UW Flex for a period of 6 months or more are considered a returning student and are required to submit the UW Flex Returning Student Application Form. This form can be found on our website. There is no additional fee required.
Important information for University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee students:
For readmission to UW Flex, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee requires that students have been in good academic standing when last enrolled (cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or greater). Additional coursework, time elapsed since last attended or other compelling evidence of ability to be successful may be taken into consideration. However, generally, if a student is not in good standing and previously left on academic probation (less than a 2.0 cumulative grade point average), s/he is not admissible.
If you are a UWM reentry student who is not admissible due to academic probation and wish to continue with the same program and campus, you have two options available to you:
- If your last enrollment was in UWM’s Flexible Option program, please contact 877-895-3276 and ask to speak with the UW Flex Admissions Office. We will guide you through your next steps. If, however, you have attended another institution since your last enrollment in UW Flex, or if your period of non-enrollment has exceeded one year, please complete and submit the UW System e-application form, indicating your desired program of study. This application can be found at apply.wisconsin.edu. Apply to the campus brick and mortar or traditional online program:
- Students on academic probation may be considered for admission to campus-based programs, provided any other stated program-specific admission criteria are met.
- If a student chooses to pursue this route but wished to return to UW Flex, it would be to his/her advantage that s/he successfully repeat those courses in which a failing grade was received, to improve the cumulative grade point average. Students with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 may be considered for readmission to UW Flex.
- Submit a written letter of appeal for readmission consideration to UW Flex directly to the Program Lead of the intended major. The student’s letter should state the reasons for the request and include supporting evidence of why s/he feels that reconsideration is warranted, as well as the steps the student will take to ensure continued success as a UWM Flexible Option student.
- Once the appeal is received, the Program Lead will review the information provided and inform the student directly in writing of the decision. The Office of Student Success will also be notified. Should the appeal be granted, the Admissions team will move forward in admitting the student.
- A letter of appeal must be submitted within 30 days of notification of denial of admission. Once submitted, the Program Lead has 4 weeks by which to respond.
|Current UWM program leads are as follows:|
|Information Science and Technology||Chad Zahrtemail@example.com|
|College of Nursing||Lisa Mihlbauerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Diagnostic Imaging||Sue Stalewskiemail@example.com|
|Certificate in Business and Technical Writing||Dave Clarkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Questions about this process should be directed to the Office of Student Success. Call 877-895-3276 and ask to speak with a member of the UW Flexible Option Admissions Team.