Billing and Payment
The due date for tuition, fees, and any applicable Flex Check-Ins (FCI) is 11:59 p.m. Central Time of 10th day of the first month of each new subscription period (e.g., January 11 by 11:59 p.m. for a January subscription period). All financial obligations must be paid by the end of the 10th day (e.g., January 11 by 11:59 p.m.) to avoid cancellation of registration. Students receiving financial aid are responsible for any tuition balance which exceeds their financial aid; any outstanding account balance must be received by the 10th day of the first month of your subscription period. If you fail to pay your account balance by the due date, you will be administratively withdrawn from your coursework, assessed a $50 fee, and will have to defer to another subscription period to resume your studies.
Students enrolled at UW Colleges will pay tuition directly to UW Colleges, using the payment method(s) accepted by UW Colleges.
- Tuition and fees for your subscription period are assessed and posted to your PRISM account.
- Visit the UW Colleges Student Finances Office website for complete details on billing and payment options plus important information on returned payments, financial holds, and delinquent accounts.
- Please view your bill in your PRISM account by clicking the Account Summary link in the Finances Section of your Student Center page. You will not receive paper bills via mail.
- Payment plans are not available for UW Flexible Option programs at this time.
How to make a payment online at UW Colleges:
- You may pay your bill online in PRISM by webCheck as an electronic payment option. WebCheck payments are not charged convenience fees.
- You may also contact one of the University of Wisconsin Colleges campus locations to pay in person via check, cash, cashier’s check, money order, or credit/debit card.
- If you have questions regarding your account, contact the UW Colleges Student Finances Office directly at (608) 265-5002, or via email at UWC-BursarsOffice@uwc.edu. Please identify yourself as a UW Flexible Option program student to be sure that you may receive UW Flexible Option-specific information.
If you are a UW Flexible Option student seeking a degree through the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee but you are taking some or all of your competency sets for a subscription period through the University of Wisconsin Colleges, your bill will be available for payment in PAWS. You will not need to make a payment through PRISM.
Students who withdraw from a UW Flexible Option program prior to or within ten days of the start of the subscription period are refunded all (100%) tuition. Students who withdraw between the 11th and 20th day of the subscription period are eligible for a 50% tuition refund. Students who withdraw on or after the 21st day of the subscription period are not eligible for a tuition refund.
After the 11th day of the subscription period, students enrolled in an All-You-Can-Learn subscription who withdraw, or are withdrawn, from one or more competency sets resulting in the student being enrolled in only one competency set, will remain in the All-You-Can-Learn subscription level and will not be eligible for a refund. Because impacted students will remain All-You-Can-Learn students, they may add additional competency sets throughout their subscription period. Note: A student may not re-register for the same competency set(s) from which he or she was administratively withdrawn until the next subscription period.