Congratulations! Your hard work has paid off and the time has come for you to notify the University of your intent to graduate. As with a traditional program, there is a defined graduation process for students who are completing their degree.
UW Colleges Graduation
Initiate the graduation process in the month prior to the start of your final subscription period.
- There is no formal application form required to apply for graduation. Simply inform your Academic Success Coach of your intent to graduate at the conclusion of your next subscription period. S/he will inform the Registrar’s Office of your plans. This will trigger an official review of your academic work to ensure you have completed all of your program requirements. Your Academic Success Coach will notify you of any unmet requirements, or better yet, deliver the good news!
- There is no graduation fee required.
- Once your official grades are posted for your final subscription period, (at close of the 4th business day after the end of the subscription period), if all is in order, your degree will be posted and your graduation official!
Check Prism and resolve any holds (financial or other) on your student account. Your diploma will be held until your account status is in good standing.
- The Registrar’s Office will order your diploma once your degree audit has been completed and verified.
- Your diploma will indicate that your degree is granted by the University of Wisconsin – Colleges.
- Your diploma will also indicate the final date of your last subscription period. This will be considered the date your “degree was conferred.”
Participate in a campus commencement (optional)
- Each UW College Campus hosts a commencement ceremony. If you are interested in participating in a campus graduation ceremony, your Academic Success Coach can help you in determine which campus is closest to you and will best meet your needs.