Complete the following steps when you are ready to apply for your license:
- Familiarize yourself with the steps to obtain a SAC-IT/SAC/C-SAC license. You may also want to review Wisconsin Chapter SPS 161 to better understand the statute that governs this process.
- Complete the top half of Form #3079. Please complete a separate form for each application, if you are applying for more than one license at a time.
- Do not enter your social security number on Form #3079.
- Email a copy of your form to firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, you must include your Applicant ID number for LicensE.
- Include the electronic certification you received that shows you met the SAC-IT hours, or completed the program in full.
- The UW-Madison Division of Continuing Studies will sign and submit the form directly to DSPS.
- Additional application steps beyond these educational hours are required to become fully licensed. Contact DSPS directly for more information.
Note: Upon receipt, the Department of Safety and Professional Services for the State of Wisconsin will process the application. Please be aware processing time may be lengthy. Students are encouraged to be proactive and check on the status of their application here.