UW Flexible Option offers working adults a more affordable way to earn a UW degree or certificate. Instead of paying by course or by credit, UW Flexible Option lets you pay a flat rate for a subscription period. Visit your program’s home page to learn about specific subscription rates and options available for your program.
Degree Tuition Rates
- Associate of Arts and Science Tuition Rates (UW Colleges)
- B.S. in Business Administration Tuition Rates (UW-Extension)
- B.S. in Biomedical Sciences Diagnostic Imaging Tuition Rates (UW-Milwaukee)
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences Health Sciences (UW-Milwaukee)
- B.S. in Information Science and Technology Tuition Rates (UW-Milwaukee)
- B.S. in Nursing, RN to BSN Tuition Rates (UW-Milwaukee)
Certificate Tuition Rates
- Business and Technical Communications Tuition Rates (UW-Milwaukee)
- Project Management Tuition Rates (UW-Parkside)
- Substance Use Disorders Counselor Tuition Rate (UW-Madison)
Because the UW Flexible Option format allows you to prove your mastery and pass assessments using existing skills and knowledge, you won’t spend time or money sitting through courses you don’t need. If you have significant work experience relevant to your degree and are highly motivated, you may find that you are able to pass assessments more quickly, and potentially accelerate your time to graduation.
Tuition for UW Flexible Option is due on or before the 10th day of the start of your subscription period, by 11:59 p.m. Central Time (e.g., January 11 by 11:59 p.m. for a January subscription period). To learn more about tuition deadlines, policies, and how to pay your bill, visit the Payments & Refunds page.
To officially withdraw, students may drop their currently enrolled competency sets (or projects for Business Administration students) by notifying their Academic Success Coach. We strongly advise that, prior to taking an enrollment action, you discuss your options and the impacts of withdrawal with your Academic Success Coach. For more information about withdrawing, including information on fees and deadlines, please visit the Withdrawals page.