Completing your online UW Flexible Option program requires sufficient technology and Internet access.
The online learning management system, Desire2Learn (D2L), is accessible from nearly any device. However, we recommend using a desktop or laptop computer that meets these minimum hardware specifications:
- High-speed connection to the Internet
- CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive: Note that some software may require a DVD drive for installation
- Hard drive: 160GB
- Monitor and graphics card capable of 1024 x 768 display (minimum)
- Stereo sound card, speakers and/or headset, and microphone
- A webcam
- Operating System
- For PC users, Windows 7 or Higher
- For Mac users, recent version of OS X
Desktop or laptop computers (not tablets, netbooks, or chromebooks) are highly recommended because of their ability to open and run multiple applications for an extended period of time, their compatibility with and ability to install new applications, and more.
If you have a slow Internet connection, you may want to look for high-speed access from an alternate source, such as satellite or wireless offered by a mobile provider.
Find Out More
Visit our Tech Support page for more information about minimum technology requirements, supported operating systems, supported browsers, system-check for plug-ins, and computer and Internet security information.
Are you a first time user to Desire2Learn (D2L)? Perform a system check!
Need technical support? Find it here.