Withdrawals & Cancellations
For important information on deadlines for credit-bearing programs please visit the UW Flexible Option Academic Calendar. We encourage you to make note of these important dates to avoid any unnecessary fees or interruptions. Please be aware that changes in your enrollment can also impact your financial aid eligibility.
Prior to taking any enrollment action, you should discuss your options and the impacts of withdrawal with your Academic Success Coach. Your ASC will then advise you on the steps to officially withdraw.
If you stop participating in all courses, do not officially withdraw, and fail to earn a passing grade in at least one course in a given subscription period, you may be considered an unofficial withdrawal. You may also be considered an unofficial withdrawal if you do not immediately resubscribe from one subscription period to the next.
If you withdraw from the program between the first day and 11:59PM CST on the eighth day of the subscription period, you are assessed a $50 withdrawal fee. Those who are administratively withdrawn from the program, for any reason, are also charged the $50 withdrawal fee.
|UW Flexible Option Withdrawal Fee and Tuition Refund Schedule|
|Subscription Period Day|
|Prior to start||1st through 11:59 PM CST on the 8th||9th through 11:59PM CST on the 21st||22nd through last day|
|Withdrawal fee appeals processes can be found through this website for UWM students, and this website for UW-Parkside students.|
Tuition and Medical Withdrawal Appeals
- The UW-Milwaukee Online Appeal Form is used both for Medical Withdrawals and Tuition and Fee Appeals. Before completing this request, please review the following Dean of Students Office links for criteria related to your Medical Withdrawal or Tuition and Fee Appeal.
- To request tuition or medical appeal, please submit the UW-Parkside Appeal Form along with your typed statement and supporting documentation to the Financial Appeals Committee at FinancialAppealsCommittee@uwp.edu Note – ALL Medical Appeals must be emailed directly to the Dean of Students at email@example.com (do NOT send Medical appeals to the Financial Appeals Committee).
Subscription Level Changes
You may adjust their workload from the All-You-Can-Learn (AYCL) subscription level to the single competency set level at any time during the first eight days of their subscription period, and tuition will be adjusted accordingly. If you are in an All-You-Can-Learn subscription, and on or after the 9th day of the subscription period you withdraw (or are withdrawn) from one or more courses resulting in you being enrolled in only one course, you will remain in the All-You-Can-Learn subscription level and will not be eligible for a refund. In this situation, since you will remain at the All-You-Can-Learn level you may add additional courses throughout your subscription period. Note: you may not re-register for the same course(s) from which you were administratively withdrawn until the next subscription period.
After the eighth day of the subscription period, if you are enrolled in the single course level, you are not eligible to add additional courses during your subscription period. You must wait until a subsequent subscription period to add additional courses.
Note: Because the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree is only offered in the All-You-Can-Learn option, students in that program are not eligible to change subscription options.
Students who fail to pay their account balance in full, or who have not established attendance in their courses by the eighth day of the subscription period, will be officially withdrawn from the UW Flexible Option program on the 9th day of the subscription period.
An administrative withdrawal fee will apply.
Students may appeal an administrative withdrawal under the following circumstances:
- Technical problems were encountered that prevented you from either turning in an assignment or completing the FCC by the eighth day
- The course from which a student was administratively withdrawn is the last course needed for graduation, and a delay in re-enrolling will require the student to subscribe to an additional subscription period.
- Family and personal emergencies, including health emergencies
- Military Call-Up/Active-Duty
Required Appeal Documentation for Administrative Withdrawals
The UW Flexible Option Registrar’s Office will respond with your appeal results within 1 to 2 business days.