In the UW Flexible Option, some of your assessments may be proctored to ensure academic integrity. If your assessment requires proctoring, you will be notified in your competency set.
IMPORTANT! You are required to have a functional hardware, such as a webcam, a microphone, and speakers in order to complete the proctored assessments. You will also need an internet connection speed of at least 2Mbps. See Additional Proctoring Guidelines below for more information.
Setting Up Proctoring
Our exam integrity service is called Proctorio. To set up Proctorio, please review these instructions.
- If the technical issues you are having are with Proctorio, the fastest way to get support is through live chat, accessible by clicking the extension’s shield icon (located in the upper righthand side of your browser). This service is supported at all hours, so you do not need to worry about what time it is to get support.
- You may also reach out to UW Extended Campus technical support if you’re running into an issue that is not related to Proctorio.
Additional Proctoring Guidelines
Though the specific details of what is allowed during a proctored session differ based on each assessment, below are some general guidelines.
- You will be required to verify your identity, so have a valid government-issued ID on hand (driver’s license, passport).
- General guidelines for your assessment environment:
- A quiet, secure, fully lighted room
- No other people in the room
- Sit at a clean desk or clean table (not in a bed or on a sofa)
- No talking out loud or communicating with others by any means
- No leaving the room
- Remove all books and other materials unless specifically permitted for a particular assessment
- No writing visible on desk or on walls
- No music playing
- No other computers running in the room
- No headphones or ear buds
- Prior to beginning the assessment, all computer applications must be closed