Although there are no required deadlines for your course assessments, there are a few things you’ll need to take care of in the first 8 days of each subscription period. You can always visit the Academic Calendar to learn what specific date the 8th day is for your subscription period:
- Establish Attendance: Submit an assessment or complete the Flex Course Check-In (FCC)*
- Pay tuition*
- Financial Aid: If you are accepting financial aid, make sure that you have accepted enough aid in your Financial Aid Student Portal. If you have questions, reach out to the UW Flexible Option Financial Aid Office
- Veteran’s Benefits: If you plan to use Military tuition assistance or Veteran’s benefits, please contact your home campus’s School Certifying Official.
- Make a Plan: For all courses you plan to complete during a subscription period, review the assessments required, estimate how long each of them will take you to complete, and make a plan for completing them. You’ll notice a “suggested pacing plan” in your courses, which is the faculty’s recommendation for a pace to successfully finish the course in one subscription period.
- Know your Deadlines: Familiarize yourself with the important deadlines on the Academic Calendar
- Review Grading Policies: Review the grading policy and In-Progress (PR Grade) criteria for each course you plan to enroll in, found in the syllabus section of each course.
- Check your Campus Email: The UW Flexible Option uses the campus email for all official correspondence. Bookmark it, and check it regularly!
*Completing an academic activity or the FCC, as well as paying your tuition are required by the 8th day of the start of each subscription period. If you do not complete the these tasks by the deadline, you will be dropped from your courses and potentially the program. You may also incur a withdrawal fee that must be paid prior to re-enrolling.