The UW Milwaukee Library offers a number of great resources to online students:
- Have articles sent to you electronically.
- Talk to a librarian via chat, email, or telephone, 24 hours a day.
- Use the library’s electronic resources remotely.
- Borrow books from the nearest University of Wisconsin library.
- Have books you need sent to you through the mail.
If you live in the Milwaukee area, you can also use the UW Milwaukee library system in person.
COVID-19 Update: At this time we are recommending that all students shift to using all digital resources. This includes students who normally use our Distance Library Services. The UWM Library is currently not able to process requests for books and other physical materials. Articles and book chapters can still be requested, but the delivery time will be longer than usual due to disruptions in workflows.
Some competency sets rely entirely on free resources, and some recommend or require textbooks for purchase. If you need a textbook, it is your responsibility to acquire it. This page gives you some general strategies for finding and purchasing textbooks.