Here is a short description to help you learn about the different types of transcripts and enrollment verification documents.
- Official Transcript – An official transcript is one that is prepared and verified by the university. Generally, official transcripts are those that are issued directly to another institution when a student is transferring or applying to graduate school. They are also provided to confirm education for professional employment opportunities, teacher or nursing licensure, and other credential verification. The official transcript is printed on special paper and includes an embossed or printed seal. A fee is required to receive an official transcript.
- Unofficial Transcript – An unofficial transcript will include the same information as the official transcript but it is usually printed on plain paper and is not certified by the university. An unofficial transcript is not used to transfer to another college or university and is usually issued for use by the student only.
- Enrollment Verification – Occasionally, you may be asked by an employer, bank, agency, or other sources to verify that you are currently enrolled at your UW institution. This document does not include grades or historical information, it is just a confirmation of your current enrollment.
When applying for admissions, How to Send Transcripts for the UW Flexible Option.
Obtaining any of these three documents is easy. To do so, click on the link for your campus below.
- University of Wisconsin Colleges
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Transcripts & Enrollment Verification)
- University of Wisconsin-Parkside – Transcript | University of Wisconsin-Parkside – Enrollment Verification