Billing and Payment
The due date for your tuition and fees for UW Flexible Option programs at UW-Milwaukee is 11:59 p.m. Central Time on the 8th day of each new subscription period. If you fail to pay your account balance by the due date, you will be administratively withdrawn from your coursework, assessed a $50 fee, and will have to defer to another subscription period to resume your studies.
If you are receiving financial aid, you are responsible for any tuition balance which exceeds your financial aid; any outstanding account balance must be paid by the 8th day of your subscription period.
You will pay tuition directly to UW-Milwaukee using the payment method(s) accepted by the campus.
- Tuition and fees for your subscription period are assessed and posted to your PAWS account.
- Visit the Bursar Office at UW-Milwaukee Bursar’s Office website for complete details on billing and payment options.
- Please view your billing statement in PAWS by clicking the View Billing Statement link in the Finance Section of your Student Center page. Do not rely on receiving paper bills in time for your payment due date.
How to make a payment online at UW-Milwaukee:
- You may pay your bill online in PAWS with credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express only) or webCheck (now called TouchNet ACH Payment), an electronic payment option. A 2.85% convenience fee will be added to each online credit card transaction. WebCheck payments are not charged convenience fees.
- If you have problems accessing the online billing statement, please complete the PAWS Help Form by either clicking on the “Help” link located in the PAWS banner at the top of the PAWS sign on page or clicking on the “For other help…” link located near the center of that page.
- If you have any questions regarding your account, contact the UW-Milwaukee Bursar’s Office at (414) 229-4914 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify yourself as a UW Flexible Option program student to be sure that you may receive UW Flexible Option-specific information.
Students interested in using a payment plan should visit this website to learn more about how it works.
If you withdraw from a UW Flexible Option program within eight days of the start of the subscription period, you are refunded all (100%) tuition, less a $50 administrative fee. Withdrawals between the 9th and 11:59PM on the 21st day of the subscription period are eligible for a 50% tuition refund. Withdrawing on or after the 22nd day of the subscription period does not grant any tuition refund.
If you are in an All-You-Can-Learn subscription, and on or after the 9th day of the subscription period you withdraw (or are withdrawn) from one or more courses resulting in you being enrolled in only one course, you will remain in the All-You-Can-Learn subscription level and will not be eligible for a refund. In this situation, since you will remain at the All-You-Can-Learn level you may add additional courses throughout your subscription period. Note: you may not re-register for the same course(s) from which you were administratively withdrawn until the next subscription period.