Billing and Payment
The due date for tuition, fees, and any applicable Flex Check-Ins (FCI) for all UW Flexible Option programs* is due 11:59 p.m. Central Time of 10th day of the first month of each new subscription period (e.g., January 11 by 11:59 p.m. for a January subscription period). All financial obligations must be paid by the end of the 10th day (e.g., January 11 by 11:59 p.m.) to avoid cancellation of registration. Students receiving financial aid are responsible for any tuition balance which exceeds their financial aid; any outstanding account balance must be received by the 10th day of the first month of your subscription period. If you fail to pay your account balance by the due date, you will be administratively withdrawn from your coursework, assessed a $50 fee, and will have to defer to another subscription period to resume your studies.
Students enrolled in a UW-Milwaukee degree or certification program will pay tuition directly to UW-Milwaukee using the payment method(s) accepted by the campus.
- Tuition and fees for your subscription period are assessed and posted to your PAWS account.
- Visit the Bursar Office at UW-Milwaukee Bursar’s Office website for complete details on billing and payment options.
- Please view your billing statement in PAWS by clicking the View Billing Statement link in the Finance Section of your Student Center page. You may not receive paper bills via mail, by the payment due date.
- Payment plans are not available for UW Flexible Option programs at this time.
How to make a payment online at UW-Milwaukee:
- You may pay your bill online in PAWS with credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express only) or webCheck (now called TouchNet ACH Payment), an electronic payment option. A 2.85% convenience fee will be added to each online credit card transaction. WebCheck payments are not charged convenience fees.
- If you have problems accessing the online billing statement, please complete the PAWS Help Form by either clicking on the “Help” link located in the PAWS banner at the top of the PAWS sign on page or clicking on the “For other help…” link located near the center of that page.
- If you have any questions regarding your account, contact the UW-Milwaukee Bursar’s Office at (414) 229-4914 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify yourself as a UW Flexible Option program student to be sure that you may receive UW Flexible Option-specific information.
If you are a UW Flexible Option student seeking a degree through the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee but you are taking some or all of your competency sets for a subscription period through the University of Wisconsin Colleges, your bill will be available for payment in PAWS. You will not need to make a payment through PRISM.
Students who withdraw from a UW Flexible Option program prior to or within ten days of the start of the subscription period are refunded all (100%) tuition. Students who withdraw between the 11th and 20th day of the subscription period are eligible for a 50% tuition refund. Students who withdraw on or after the 21st day of the subscription period are not eligible for a tuition refund.
After the 11th day of the subscription period, students enrolled in an All-You-Can-Learn subscription who withdraw, or are withdrawn, from one or more competency sets resulting in the student being enrolled in only one competency set, will remain in the All-You-Can-Learn subscription level and will not be eligible for a refund. Because impacted students will remain All-You-Can-Learn students, they may add additional competency sets throughout their subscription period. Note: A student may not re-register for the same competency set(s) from which he or she was administratively withdrawn until the next subscription period.