Billing and Payment
The due date for your tuition and fees for UW Flexible Option programs at UW-Parkside is 11:59 p.m. Central Time on the 8th day of each new subscription period. If you fail to pay your account balance by the due date, you will be administratively withdrawn from your coursework, assessed a $50 fee, and will have to defer to another subscription period to resume your studies.
If you are receiving financial aid, you are responsible for any tuition balance which exceeds your financial aid; any outstanding account balance must be paid by the 8th day of your subscription period.
You will pay tuition directly to UW-Parkside, using the payment method(s) accepted by the campus.
- Tuition and fees for your subscription period are assessed and posted to your SOLAR account.
- Visit the UW-Parkside Cashier’s Office website for complete details about online billing and payment options.
- Please view your bill in your SOLAR account on the Student Center page under Finances. You will not receive paper bills via mail.
- Payment plans are not available for UW Flexible Option programs at UW-Parkside at this time.
How to make a payment online at UW-Parkside:
- You may pay your bill online in SOLAR through the Make a Payment link in your Student Center page with credit card or webCheck, an electronic payment option. A 2.75% convenience fee will be added to each online credit card transaction.
- If you have any questions regarding your account, contact the UW Parkside Cashier’s Office at (262) 595-2258, or via email at Cashiers.Office@uwp.edu. Please identify yourself as a UW Flexible Option program student to be sure that you may receive UW Flexible Option-specific information.
If you withdraw from a UW Flexible Option program within eight days of the start of the subscription period, you are refunded all (100%) tuition, less a $50 administrative fee. Withdrawals between the 9th and 11:59PM CST on the 21st day of the subscription period are eligible for a 50% tuition refund. Withdrawing on or after the 22nd day of the subscription period does not grant any tuition refund.
UW-Parkside partners with BankMobile, which is a third party vendor, to deliver refunds via your preferred method. Please take some time to read BankMobile Disbursements website to set up your refund preference and understand their process.
Newly enrolled UW-Parkside students can expect email and mail communications from BankMobile regarding the university’s refunding process.
- Email from BankMobile with a subject line that states “Your school may have money for you!” Be aware this is not a spam/phishing email and there’s potentially not a refund for you at this time. The email from firstname.lastname@example.org is designed to grab your attention so you’ll set up your refund preference.
- Mailed a green envelope from BankMobile containing a personal code, this personal code is needed to set up your refund preference.
It’s important that you set up your refund preference, to ensure timely return of refunds. BankMobile’s timeline differs significantly for students who have not set up refund preference. UW-Parkside submits refunds to be processed each Wednesday.
Timeline for students who have set up their refunding preference to electronic refunding:
|Refund Preference:||Days to return funds:|
|ACH Deposit in Student’s Designated Account||1-2 business days|
|BankMobile Account||Same day|
|Student Payments*||21 days|
Timeline for students who have not set up refunding preference:
|Type of payment:||Days to return funds:||Method of Return:|
|Federal Financial Aid (Title IV) Refunds||21 days||Check issued from BankMobile|
|Private Loans and Non-Federal Financial Aid||90 days||Returned to UW-Parkside to review|
|Student Payments*||90 days||Returned to UW-Parkside to review|
*Out of pocket student payments made with money order, personal check or e-check are held for 7-10 business days to ensure that funds are not returned as unavailable before returned to student. Credit card and cash will be refunded in the next weekly refund cycle.
If you have any questions regarding your account, contact the UW Parkside Cashier’s Office at (262) 595-2258, or via email at Cashiers.Office@uwp.edu. Please identify yourself as a UW Flexible Option program student to ensure you receive program specific information.